Thursday, April 21, 2011

Padron 1964 Exclusivo - Natural Vs. Maduro

Padron 1964 - Exclusivo - Natural Vs. Maduro
I've reviewed the Principe, Natural and Maduro.  You can check those out Here (Natural) and Here (Maduro).  The Principe is a nice, slightly-box pressed, 4 1/2" x 42 ring gauged smoke; the Exclusivo is a bit larger - weighing in at 5" x 50 ring.  I won't go into too much individual detail on the cigar because I've covered that information before.  This review is to look at the 1964 series on a whole and offer some insight on the subtle differences between the Natty and Maduro wrapper leaf.

The Exclusivo is one of my favorite sizes in the 64' line.  I usually prefer a smaller ring gauge, but the Padron 64' series is made with such great tobacco, that getting more filler then wrapper leads to some significant flavor difference when compared to the smaller ring gauges.

Natural Vs. Maduro:
Plain and simple, I prefer the Maduro wrapped 64's.  They are sweeter, fuller and smoother then their Natural wrapped brethren.  I find the Maduros to have a bit more complexity to the flavor, and some clear evolution of flavor as the smoke progresses.

The Natural by itself is an outstanding cigar.  But when compared to the Maduro, I find it to be a little dry on the palette.  There are some fruity notes, but they don't run as deep or rich as they do in the Maduro counterparts. 

With that said, I want you guys to go out and have your own Natural Vs. Maduro battle and report back.

In my opinion, the Maduro wins without question.  But I'll let you decide.

1 comment:

  1. This cigar flavors are impressive but could have been a little bit finer if they were added in harmony. Medium-full bodied cigar with a acceptable draw and burn.

    http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/cohiba+cigars

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Am I on to something? Am I wrong? Or am I full of shit?