Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tatuaje Verocu Red Tubo - BOX OF 10 UPDATE

Tatuaje Verocu Red Tubo - UPDATE TIME :
You can read the original review -  HERE - RED TUBOS STRAIGHT OUT THE BOX
I'm down to three Red Tubos from ten, and I cherish each of these limited production smokes.  Each one becomes more painful to spark as I know I may never get ahold of another box.
Time has done wonders for this cigar.  While I loved the blend from the moment I opened the box back in March of this year (2010)., the cigar had some burn issues and the wrapper was rather fragile. 

Just for shits and giggles I removed a few of the ten from their original Red Tubo.  I had read complaints from the time of the Verocu release that some early shipped boxes had severe wrapper damage and it seemed the cigars were packed overly humid or too dry.
Over the past few months I noticed that the cigars I unsheathed have a more consistent burn without the tunnelling I experienced with the earlier cigars.  This leads me to believe the unsheathed cigars evenly humidified while in my humidor.  The wrapper stopped splitting and the unravelling ceased.

I've noticed that my local Tatuaje Shop hasn't had Red Tubos available for some time, so if you're fortunate enough to find some or purchased a box earlier this year, I think the Verocus are ripe for smoking.  The flavor profile remains similar, boasting medium to full flavoring with a lot of front end cinammon spice.  Some of the harsher notes have been toned down a bit - and there is a subtle honey sweetness that lingers behind stronger flavors. 

READ MORE CLICK BELOW

Bottom line, the Red Tubo has no relation to the Havana Red Label Series.  These blends are extremely different and the wrapper leaves are completely different colors and textures - the Havana Series being a light milk chocolate hue, smooth and neat - where as the Verocu Red Tubo's wrapper is as dark as roasted coffee beans and looks rugged and toothy.

I can't wait to see what Tatuaje does this coming year.  I hear there may be regional releases - only available in their respective regions; those being the country divided in four areas - North, South, East, West - Each region is supposed to get a specific vitola  - all sharing a new blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Am I on to something? Am I wrong? Or am I full of shit?