Friday, February 18, 2011

262 Paradigm - Torpedo

262 Paradigm -

A new brand with a lot of hype; Paradigm has made a quick name for itself with quality-made cigars.  The company name, 262, represents February 1962, the beginning of the Cuban trade embargo.  I've heard a lot of good things about the brand, and all the regulars at my favorite cigar shop have been smoking the hell out of them since they hit the shelf.  The box-pressed Toro seems to be a favorite amongst a crowd of full-flavor, big cigar smokers.  I generally like smaller ring gauges and shorter sizes, but I grabbed the Torpedo since I had a lot of time to relax and smoke.

The tobaccos used to make the cigar vary and it is obvious the company had a particular type of cigar in mind by the use of different tobaccos.  The blend consists of Nicaraguan seco and ligero, and some Columbian.  The Paradigm uses a Honduran binder and finishes off the package with a Brazilian wrapper.  What more could you ask for?   -  IF YOU WANT THE ENTIRE REVIEW CLICK LINK


REVIEW
The Torpedo burned for a solid 1 and 1/2 hours, which is pretty amazing for as fast as I smoke.  The flavor was good and consistent, but not very complex.  I primarily tasted an almond type flavor throughout the cigar with a little bit of roasted nut and cocoa in the background.  As I said, the flavor was good but it had no variation; which I don't care for, but a lot of folks do, so don't let that deter you from this smoke.
I would recommend this cigar due to its quality make and value for the dollar.  At about $8, the Paradigm offers a nice product at a great price.
All in all I wasn't blown away but I am looking forward to the growth and maturation of 262 as a brand.  If this is the company learning the ropes, there are a lot of good things to come.  Give this cigar a try, the question isn't whether or not you'll like it, but how much it matches your flavor preference, because the quality is undeniable.
I'm looking forward to trying a Robusto as I think that may pack the flavors in a bit more.

Overall - B
The Bottom Line
High quality, consistent flavor.  A long lasting cigar that you can kick back and enjoy without breaking the bank.  Keep your eye on this brand; their use of various tobaccos shows they know their stuff, have a clear understanding of what they want in their product and have the resources to make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Am I on to something? Am I wrong? Or am I full of shit?